COVID-19 Response: How To Help From Home
As COVID-19 sweeps across the United States, daily life for many Americans is changing by the minute. Many are struggling with reduced hours, unemployment, loss of childcare, reduced food access, medical complications, and more. As leaders and agencies have stated, each person has a role to play in the fight against this pandemic. Four easy ways to help are compiled below.
- FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES
Stay at home. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend frequent hand washing and avoiding close contact with people. Avoid touching your face and use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
If your financial situation allows, consider a donation to COVID-19 Relief and Recovery programs, which have already begun in Hampton Roads. For the months of April and May, 100% of all donations made online to Langley for Families Foundation will be designated for COVID-19 recovery programs, including our Foodbanks and shelters.
- SPREAD THE WORD
Spread awareness of available resources to help those facing challenges.
- United Way of the Virginia Peninsula’s Relief Fund – How to Get Help
- United Way of South Hampton Roads’ Relief Fund – How to Get Help
- Meals for school kids – Visit your school district’s website for a list of schools currently serving breakfast and/or lunch. The following Hampton Roads cities and counties are currently providing meals:
viii. York County
- KNOW LANGLEY’S RESOURCES
Langley Federal Credit Union has immediately implemented several member relief programs to help those impacted by the pandemic’s effects. To learn more, visit Langley’s website.
- Skip-a-Payment: We are advancing ALL consumer loan due dates by one month. This will allow members to skip-a-payment, which will free-up cashflow that may be disrupted by a loss of wages associated with this pandemic. There is no fee associated with this.
- Emergency Relief Loans: We will offer a low rate loan to members that need access to money. The first payment will be in 90 days, providing additional relief.
- Certificate Early Withdrawal Penalties: We will waive Certificate early withdrawal penalties to assist members who need access to money for loan payments and bills.